The research mission of UF/IFAS, conducted by the Florida Agricultural Experiment Station, is to discover new scientific knowledge, encourage innovative study and create applications based on sound science, delivering solutions to the challenges facing agriculture, natural resources and life sciences in the state of Florida, our country and the world. Please consider supporting UF/IFAS research with a gift.
The Path to Pioneers program funds UF/IFAS research opportunities for undergraduate students. Every summer, undergraduate interns work on projects located in Gainesville and at UF/IFAS research and education stations across Florida. Many alumni of this program continue working in a paid capacity with research faculty or begin graduate programs related to their internship after the program ends. A student intern is fully funded with a $5,000 gift that supports the intern’s hourly wage stipend and research supplies. Click here to support this impactful program with a gift today.
Featured UF/IFAS Research Funds
- Research Unrestricted Fund - General support for UF/IFAS Research.
- DeLuca Preserve Fund - Support research and education by UF/IFAS faculty and students at the DeLuca Preserve.
- FFSP Plant Breeding Endowment - Supports applied breeding research programs focused on plant cultivar development/release, including tuition assistance, equipment purchases, travel stipends, and research grants.
- Floral Greens Farmers of Florida Research Endowment - Supports Decorative Cut Foliage research to be carried out primarily at the UF/IFAS Mid-Florida Research and Education Center, and secondarily at other appropriate UF/IFAS facilities.
- Florida Foundation Seed Producers (FFSP) Plant Breeding Professorship - Supports a professorship in UF/IFAS plant breeding, especially for peanut breeding.
- Path to Pioneers Fund - Supports Path to Pioneers, a UF/IFAS Research internship program for undergraduate students.
- Richard L. Jones Outstanding New Faculty Research Fund - Supports an award for outstanding UF/IFAS Assistant Professors for building a research program and demonstrating research productivity.