Planned or deferred gifts are gifts that require some planning, are tax advantaged and may be deferred. Such gifts include:
- Bequests and Beneficiary Designations - Create a provision in your will or estate plan for your favorite program in IFAS.
- Charitable Remainder Trust & Charitable Gift Annuities - Charitable gift annuities and remainder trusts provide you with income and a tax deduction while benefiting an IFAS program of your choice.
- Donor Advised Funds - These gifts can benefit IFAS programs.
- Life Insurance Gifts - Make your IFAS program a beneficiary in your life insurance plans.
- Real Estate - Outright or through a retained life estate, you may gift appreciated property held longer than one year. You receive tax deductions while avoiding capital gains taxes.
- Stocks & Securities - Giving appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have been held more than one year lets you save on taxes twice: by avoiding capital gains tax and through a charitable income tax deduction.
The University of Florida Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization soliciting tax-deductible
private contributions for the benefit of the University of Florida. (EIN: 59-0974739). Your gift, or a portion of, may be considered tax-deductible. For more information about how you can create a planned gift, please contact Cody Helmer at (352) 392-5457 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed information is available on the UF Foundation Office of Gift Planning website.